A prolific trial attorney with a highly successful 30-plus year career, Greenberg Traurig Co-President Hilarie Bass is one of the most prominent women attorneys in the United States. She served as President of the American Bar Association, the world’s largest voluntary professional organization with more than 400,000 members, from August 2017 – August 2018. She currently serves as ABA Past President.
Hilarie has successfully represented high-profile corporate clients in jury and non-jury trials involving hundreds of millions of dollars in controversy. She has worked and settled more than 100 cases, tried more than 20 cases to conclusion, and argued numerous appeals. In recognition of that success, she was inducted into The American College of Trial Lawyers. Hilarie is also widely recognized for her pro bono work on behalf of two foster children that led to the elimination and declaration as unconstitutional Florida’s 20-year-old ban on gay adoption.
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 1981
- Editor, University of Miami Law Review
- B.A., magna cum laude, George Washington University, 1975
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida