Jorge Lorenzo has been a member of the firm’s litigation department since the founding of the firm in 2011. His practice concentrates on complex civil litigation, class action, mass torts, products liability, employment, commercial real estate and contract disputes.
Mr. Lorenzo earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Florida International University in 2007 with Honors, where he served as President of Phi Alpha Delta, the university’s pre-law fraternity. Later that same year, he was accepted into the law program at St. Thomas University, where he served as a member of the International Moot Court team and the International Criminal Court Competition team. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from St. Thomas University in 2009.
In 2014, Mr. Lorenzo, along with Mr. Diaz, served as trial counsel in the first successful trial in the United States against the German manufacturer of defective drywall distributed throughout the United States. The case resulted in a $1.325 million compensatory damage award and a fining of punitive damages. The jury later awarded six million dollars in punitive damages â€“ which were affirmed on appeal. In addition, the Court awarded $ 2.195 million dollars in attorneysâ€™ fees, for a total judgment of $9.52 million dollars.
Mr. Lorenzo is admitted to practice before the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida and serves as a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Cuban American Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the National LGBT Bar Association.
- Representation of hundreds of property owners in state and federal individual and class action products liability litigation against builders, installers, realtors, suppliers, and manufacturers ultimately resolving in a billion-dollar class action settlement.
- Member of litigation team defending high-profile local restaurateurs in various employment discrimination and retaliation actions.
- Member of litigation team which successfully obtained favorable settlement for publicly traded corporation in a multi-million dollar Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance coverage dispute.
- Member of litigation team which successfully obtained favorable settlement for real estate developer in a multi-million dollar consumer finance litigation instituted by lender in federal court.
- Successfully defended manufacturer and distributor of packaged foods company in breach of contract claim.
- Member of litigation team who obtained $164 million dollar judgment on behalf of special purpose entity, lender and special servicer for Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS).
- Representation of multi-million dollar commercial real estate investors in landlord/tenant disputes.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Aviation Litigation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Litigation
- Florida International University, B.A., 2007
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2013
- Cuban American Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Lesbian and Gay Law Association