Brinkley received her undergraduate degree in finance from Howard University in 1991 and her J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law in 1995.
- 2013-Present: Judge, Miami-Dade County Court, Florida
- 2004-2012: Traffic Hearing Officer, Miami-Dade County
- 1996-2012: Attorney, Brinkley & Henrys, P.A.
- 1996: Admitted to the Florida Bar
Awards and associations
- 2010: Wilkie D. Ferguson Bar Association Pro Bono Award
- 2009: Ray H. Pearson Guardian Ad Litem Pro Bono Award
- Member, Florida Bar Traffic Rules Committee
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Wilkie D. Ferguson Black Lawyers Association
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association