Leslie Lott is a founding partner of Lott & Fischer. She is admitted to practice in the State of Florida, the State of New York, the District of Columbia, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (formerly U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeal), the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Courts for the Southern and the Middle Districts of Florida, and the Southern District Trial Bar.
She is past Chair of the Intellectual Property Law Committee of the Florida Bar and a past member of the Executive Council of the Corporation Banking and Business Law Section.
Ms. Lott was appointed by the United States Secretary of Commerce to serve on the Trademark Public Advisory Committee of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She has been named to the Panel of Distinguished Neutrals for the Resolution of Trademark Disputes established by the Center for Public Resources/International Trademark Association (INTA).
She is a past member of the INTA Board of Directors and past Chair to both the Counterfeiting and NAFTA Task Forces and the Federal Legislation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committees of the International Trademark Association.
Additionally, she is past Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Ms. Lott is an adjunct professor of trademark law at the University of Florida Levin College of Law and has been a speaker at meetings and events sponsored by the American Bar Association, Practising Law Institute, Law Education Institute, International Trademark Association, The Florida Bar, and the South Florida IP Law Association, among others.
She has been listed in The Best Lawyers publication every year since 1995.
She is also listed in the Guide to the World’s Leading Trademark Law Practitioners, Leading American Attorneys, Who’s Who in American Law, Florida Super Lawyers, 2009 South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyers in South Florida ,” and Marquis’ Who’s Who.
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D., 1974
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.A., with Honors, 1972
- Board Certified Intellectual Property Attorney (Florida Bar)
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals – 1998
- Middle District of Florida – 1995
- Southern District Trial Bar – 1984
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida – 1981
- State of New York – 1977
- U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals – 1975
- District of Columbia – 1975
- State of Florida – 1974
- American Bar Association – Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Section, 1974 – Present
- Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Section, Chair – Sub committee on Taxation – 1990
- American Bar Foundation – Life Fellow
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, 1999-2000
- Federal Legislation Committee – 1992-1993
- Committee on the International Trade Commission – 1986-1987
- Dade County Bar Association
- Editor, Southern District Digest – 1981-1984
- Meetings and Programs Committee – 1984
- The Department of Commerce United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Public Advisory Committee – 2002- 2005
- District XI Long Term Care Ombudsman Committee
- Appointed by Governor Bob Graham – 1981-1982
- Federal Circuit Bar Association – 1986-Present
- The Florida Bar – Patent, Trademark and Copyright Committee of Corporation Banking and Business Law Section
- Executive Council, Corporation Banking and Business Law Section 1991-1993
- Chair – Intellectual Property Law Committee 1990-93
- Vice Chair – Intellectual Property Law Committee 1989-90
- Chair – Sub committee on the Florida Manual of Trademark Examining Procedure – 1983-1986
- International Trademark Association Member, Panel of Distinguished Neutrals for the Resolution of Trademark Disputes – 1994-present
- Chair, Compensation & Benefits Subcommittee, Board of Directors – 2003-2005
- Board of Directors – 2003-2005
- Planning Committee – 2003
- Internet Committee – 2002
- Co-chair, Mid-Year Leadership Meeting, 2001
- Management Committee – 1998-2003
- Twentieth-Century Task Force – 1998
- Chair – Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee – 1997-1998
- Vice Chair – Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee – 1996-1997
Board of Directors – 1993-1994
- Chair – Counterfeiting Education Task Force – 1993-1994
- Chair – NAFTA Task Force – 1991-1992
- Federal Legislation Committee – 1984-1985
- South Florida IP Law Association, formerly Patent Law Association of South Florida
- University of Miami College of Law
- Moot Court Judge – 1981, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1987
- Trial Advocacy Judge – 1983, 1990
- University of Florida Law Center Association Board of Trustees – 1998-Present
- Alumni Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property Law
- Adjunct professor of Trademark Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law – 1999-Present
- Dade County Bar Association Legal Luminary Award – Intellectual Property, 2016 Peer Review Rating of AV® by Martindale Hubbell
- Recipient of Women of Tomorrow Mentor and Scholarship Program’s Excellence Award, March 2009
- Included in Florida SuperLawyers since 2005
- Included in Florida Trend’s “Florida Legal Elite” since 2005
- Included in South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyers in South Florida” since 2002
- Included in Guide to the World’s Leading Trade Mark Lawyers since 1998
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® since 1995