Lilly Ann Sanchez, a former federal prosecutor and a trial attorney with over 20 years experience, is a Shareholder of The LS Law Firm. Prior to forming The LS Law Firm, Ms. Sanchez was Chair of Fowler White Burnett’s White Collar Criminal Defense Group. Ms. Sanchez handles the full range of white collar offenses. She has significant experience in the areas of securities fraud, money laundering, antitrust, public corruption and health care fraud.
She frequently represents individuals in high profile or controversial matters and deftly handles the accompanying media inquires and scrutiny. Most recently, Ms. Sanchez served as co-counsel to Alan Miller regarding tax evasion charges associated with Helio Castroneves, counsel to Howard K. Stern in the investigation of the death of Anna Nicole Smith and as counsel to a defendant implicated in an insider trading ring involving Morgan Stanley.
From her past work in the public sector, Ms. Sanchez brings to her practice an exceptional background of trial law and administrative experience, along with insight into trial strategy and negotiation tactics. Before joining Fowler White Burnett, Ms. Sanchez was Deputy Chief of the Major Crimes Section of the United States Attorney’s Office in Miami. Prior to that post, Ms. Sanchez served as Assistant U.S. Attorney for the United States Attorney’s Office of the Southern District of Florida and the District of Columbia.
As both a former federal prosecutor and defense attorney, Ms. Sanchez brings a unique perspective to her practice. Her experience on both sides of the bench enables her to successfully interface with government agencies, officials, members of the judiciary and colleagues in order to find the best resolution for all parties involved. Throughout her distinguished career, Ms. Sanchez has taken more than 100 cases to verdict and handledthousands of criminal cases and investigations.
Ms. Sanchez, formerly served as chair of the Florida Judicial Nominating Commission of the Third District Court of Appeals. She is also a member of the Florida Bar Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee and the Florida Bar Annual Convention Committee.
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition
- Tim Evans Memorial Award for Outstanding Performance
- Department of Justice Special Achievement Award
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association 2005 – presentNational
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2006 – present
- National Hispanic Bar Association 2001 – present
- National Hispanic Prosecutors Association 2001 – 2006
- Regional President 2004 – 2005
- Dade County Bar Association 2005 – present
- Cuban American Bar Association 2002 – present
- Children’s Home Society of South Florida 2000 – present
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., Campaign Co-Chair 2015 – present