Zascha Blanco Abbott is Counsel with the Firm and a member of the Labor and Employment Group. Ms. Abbott focuses her practice on the representation of public and private employers in labor and employment matters. She represents employers in federal and state courts in their employment law disputes. Her experience includes defending employers in a variety of employment-related lawsuits, such as claims of discrimination, hostile work environment, breach of contract claims, non-competition agreements, constitutional violations, retaliation claims, and wage and hour cases. Her experience includes representing employers in claims under Title VII, the Florida Civil Rights Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the First Amendment, the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution, the Florida Whistleblower statute, and workers compensation retaliation claims. She also provides training on discrimination and harassment free workplace issues and on labor and employment matters. She conducts employment related audits, prepares employment policies and practices in the area of union avoidance and provides employers with guidance on labor matters. Zascha also represents employers before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Public Employees Relations Commission.
Prior to joining the Firm, Zascha worked for a national law firm exclusively representing employers in their labor and employment matters. She also served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Miami, Office of the City Attorney, in the labor and employment division, representing the City’s departments in labor and employment matters.
- Labor & Employment
- Nova Southeastern University School of Law. J.D., magna cum laude Florida International University, B.A.
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Middle District of Florida
Professional Memberships and Community Involvement
- Chair, The Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section
- Past Chair, Employment and Labor Law Committee, American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Past Chair, Labor and Employment Committee, Dade County Bar Association (2013-2016)
- C0-Chair, The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Judicial Outreach Committee (2010-2017)
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, HR and Workforce Development Committee
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Super Lawyer” by Florida Super Lawyers 2018
- “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers 2011, 2012, & 2013
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Outstanding Subcommittee Chair Award
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section, Volunteer of the Year Award