Janpaul Portal focuses his practice on the representation of injured victims and consumers in catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, environmental toxic torts, defective drugs, and product liability cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Prior to joining The Ferraro Law Firm, Mr. Portal dedicated his practice to the representation of plaintiffs in cases involving catastrophic personal injuries, medical malpractice, and complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts. He has successfully litigated medical malpractice, wrongful death, maritime negligence, product liability, and general business tort disputes.
Mr. Portal is a Miami, Florida native. He obtained his B.S. in microbiology and immunology in 1998 at the University of Miami. He received his juris doctorate at the University of Miami School of Law, graduating cum laude in 2001. He received the C.A.L.I. Excellence Award, “Medical Malpractice,” 2000.
Mr. Portal has had his membership with the Florida Bar since 2002. He is admitted to practice law in the United States District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He is an experienced personal injury and litigation lawyer in Florida.
Mr. Portal is an active member of the Miami-Dade Justice Association, where he currently serves as president-elect. Mr. Portal is also an active member of the Florida Justice Association and Cuban American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice, where he served on the NLD Board of Governors for Florida from 2005-2006.
Mr. Portal has been named as a “Top Up and Comer” by the South Florida Legal Guide and named to the Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™ list in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Mr. Portal is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, 2001
Honors: Cum Laude
C.A.L.I. Excellence Award, Medical Malpractice Seminar, Fall 2000
- B.S., University of Miami, Miami, Florida, 1998
Microbiology & Immunology
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2010
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Director, 2009 – 2013
- Secretary, 2014
- Treasurer, 2015
- President-Elect, 2016
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Up and Comer 2009 – 2012
- Included in the Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™ list 2009-2015
- 2016 South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers in Medical Malpractice