Barbara Areces is a judge of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court, Family Division, in Florida. She was first elected to this position on August 31, 2004, defeating incumbent Judge D. Bruce Levy. Her official investiture ceremony followed on February 10, 2005. She ran unopposed and was retained in the August 24, 2010primary to a six-year term. She again ran unopposed and was retained in the 2016 election. Her current term ends on January 2, 2023.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Florida International University, 1982
- JD, University of Miami, 1987
- Admitted to Florida Bar, 1988
- Private Practice, 1988 – 2004
- Circuit Court Judge, 2005 – Present